Summer Evening on Skagen Sonderstrand Pre-Framed Miniature - 5" X 7"
- Style #
- Summer Evening on Skagen s Southern Beach by Danish painter Peder Severin Kroyer was completed in 1893. Kroyer was a well-known member of the Skagen Painters. This work, like many of Kroyer's works, emphasizes the special effects of the lighting Skagen was popularized for. This painting depicts Anna Ancher and Marie Kroyer walking along the beach after a dinner party. In 1990, new evidence had come to prove that this painting had been based on photographs. Kroyer described the time of the evening as being the time of the day when the two sources of natural light could be captured together as his favorite. He referred to this as the blue hour, when the horizon is almost dissolved by the evening mist and dispersed as blue light reflecting on the sea. Today the original is housed in the Skagens Museum in Skagen, Denmark.
- Color: multi
- 9.5" X 2" (including frame)
- Made in USA
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist Grade Canvas/Solid Wood Frame/Ink
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 9 business days due to the impact of COVID-19.
- This item does not qualify for free shipping.