The Monk by the Sea, Moderne Blanc Frame - 38.75" x 26.75"
- Style #
- The Monk by the Sea (Der Monch am Meer), painted between 1808 and 1810. When originally displayed, Friedrich had requested that this painting be hung directly above The Abbey in the Oakwood and have since then been kept together. This painting was considered radical for its time featuring a wide seascape with the monk, depicted small, so that you feel the overwhelming size of the sea. We have reproduced the same colors and scale to help capture the same feelings as the original.
- Color: multi
- Frame description: Moderne Blanc - Flat White Frame with an Interior Scoop
- 38.75" X 2" (including frame)
- Made in USA
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 9 business days due to the impact of COVID-19.
- This item does not qualify for free shipping.