Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, Versailles Gold Queen Frame - 29" x 41"
- Style #
- Originally painted in 1884-86 Sunday, Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte is Seurat's most famous painting and one of 19th century's biggest icons. Measuring 81.7" x 121.25" it took him two years to fully finish the image and start the Neo-Impressionism art movement. Enjoy the history and beauty of this painting created in a more intimate size for your home. Georges-Pierre Seurat took a scientific approach to painting. He believed color could be used to evoke emotion from a viewer the same way a musician uses notes to create harmony for an audience. He shared his new ideas on pointillism influencing other artists to take a similar approach. He coined this new visual language of color and schema "Chromoluminarism".
- Color: multi
- Frame description: Versailles Gold Queen Frame - Embellished Metallic Finish
- 29" X 2" (including frame)
- Made in USA
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 9 business days due to the impact of COVID-19.
- This item does not qualify for free shipping.