View of Venice, 1895 Framed Oil Reproduction of an Original Painting by Giovanni Boldini
- Style #
- Though born in Ferrara and famous for his work in London and Paris, Giovanni Boldini loved Venice. He first visited the city on the water 16 years before making this image in 1895 and would revisit often throughout the second half of his life. His extensive gondola journeys supplied him with seemingly endless inspiration as he made a multitude of small, rarely finished paintings on wood panels. The same vision and passionate expression that made his portraiture so popular is visible in these too. The gracefully arcing sweep of the gondolas, the statuesque poise of the architecture, and the ever-changing beauty of natural light on the water all seem familiar. The very low perspective relative to the water and the inclusion of modern steam boats make this piece in particular stand out. For those interested in a gorgeous painting by this beloved master, our artists have recreated this piece by hand in oil on canvas.
- Frame Description: Sovereign Frame
- Ready to hang
- 30.5" x 2" x 26.5"
- Assembled in USA from Imported materials
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist Grade Canvas, Solid Wood Frame, Oil Paint
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Returnable until 1/31/20 to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail if purchased 10/30–12/17/19.
- Ready to Ship Within 1 - 3 days. Gift in Time! This item’s estimated arrival is on or before 12/24. May be eligible to upgrade to next business day or two-business day shipping at checkout.
- This item qualifies for when you spend over $49.