Girl with Black Cat, 1885 Framed Oil Reproduction of an Original Painting by Giovanni Boldini
- Style #
- Giovanni Boldini, Italian-born artist of the late 19th and early 20th centuries, was famous for his dynamic take on the Realist style. His broad swaths of flowing color recall the work of John Singer Sargent and the Italian proto-Impressionist Macchiaioli school. Despite being born in Italy, he only worked there for a short time before moving to London and then Paris. It was during his incredibly successful period in the French capitol that this picture was made. His work was in exceedingly high demand among prominent socialites and he made a great many portraits of them and their children. It's not clear who this picture shows but it's a good example of why he reached such great heights. The girl and her feline friend appear poised and elegant, yet alive and in motion. Her classy dress is echoed even in the colors of the cat's fur which is quaintly reminiscent of a fine suit. Add a little bit of European sophistication to your environment, with this handmade reproduction of a beautiful artwork.
- Frame Description: Espana Gold Frame
- Ready to hang
- 27" x 2" x 31"
- Assembled in USA from Imported materials
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist Grade Canvas, Solid Wood Frame, Oil Paint
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Returnable until 1/31/20 to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail if purchased 10/30–12/17/19.
- Ready to Ship Within 1 - 3 days. Gift in Time! This item’s estimated arrival is on or before 12/24. May be eligible to upgrade to next business day or two-business day shipping at checkout.
- This item qualifies for when you spend over $49.