Bouquet of Flowers with a Window Open to the Sea (Reverse of Hay-Making in Brittany) Framed Oil Reproduction of an Original Painting by Paul Gauguin
- Style #
- Gauguin used his materials and colors in innovative ways in this 1888 still life, entitled Bouquet of Flowers with a Window Open to the Sea. His color palette moves beyond his early, strictly Impressionist style into less realistic and more fantastic choices. The flora looks plausible but the seaside view is all too green to be entirely accurate. It was originally painted on the reverse of a canvas depicting a scene of harvest and the making of hay: hence the wooden frame and crossbar, complete with labels and markings. Gauguin merged genres here, showing both a still life and a landscape. It's an exceptionally unique work and its special character has been faithfully recreated by hand for your personal viewing pleasure.
- Frame Description: Verona Black and Gold Braid
- Ready to hang
- 28.75" x 2" x 24.75"
- Assembled in USA from Imported materials
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist Grade Canvas, Solid Wood Frame, Oil Paint
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Returnable until 1/31/20 to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail if purchased 10/30–12/17/19.
- Ready to Ship Within 1 - 3 days. Gift in Time! This item’s estimated arrival is on or before 12/24. May be eligible to upgrade to next business day or two-business day shipping at checkout.
- This item qualifies for when you spend over $49.