The Kiss Framed Reproduction Oil Painting
- Style #
- The Kiss by Francesco Hayez remains one of the most iconic Italian paintings ever. Hayez, an Italian painter who took part in the Romanticism and Neoclassicism movements, carried an interest in Italian history, often using it as the theme for his paintings. Many people saw The Kiss as a patriotic icon, a symbol of Risorgimento, or the unity of Italy during a time period where nationalism and patriotism were growing steadily. The Romanticism movement focused on personal emotion and individualism, rejecting rationality and idealization. This painting carries rich color, lush lighting effects, and a beautiful symbol of unity and affection. With high contrast of the dramatic lighting on the woman's blue dress and the deep shadows under the man's red cloak, this painting remains a superb example of Italian Neoclassical art.
- Frame Description: Victorian Gold Frame
- Ready to hang
- 28" x 32"
- Imported painting
- Framed and assembled in USA
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist grade canvas, solid wood frame, oil paint
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 9 business days due to the impact of COVID-19.
- This item does not qualify for free shipping.