Overstock ArtThe Piazza San Marco Venice, 1881 Framed Oil reproduction of an original painting by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- Style #
- Renoir's The Piazza San Marco Venice captures the true essence of Impressionistic style where the overall perception of the subject is more important than the realistic value. Renoir's splendid painting is a tribute to the Master's unique ability to translate life onto canvas. Enjoy the beauty of this piece of art in any room of the home. It is sure to hold the attention of those who gaze upon it. Born to a working class family, Pierre-Auguste Renoir began his artistic apprenticeship painting porcelain at age 13. While he would visit the Louvre to study the French masters during his early years, his formal training began with Swiss artist Charles Gleyre. Unlike many of his fellow Impressionists, the official Salon in Paris occasionally accepted his work for exhibition, beginning in 1864 and continuing through 1870, and once again in 1879. During the period in between, he helped to organize the first Impressionist exhibition in 1874, which was a home for those artists rejected by the Salon. It included the paintings of fellow luminaries such as Degas, Cezanne, Pissarro and Renoir's friend and frequent collaborator, Monet.
- Ready to hang
- Burgeon Gold Frame - Organic Pattern Facade with Gold Finish
- 34" x 30" (actual: 33.5" x 29.5")
- Imported painting
- Framed and assembled in USA
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist Grade Canvas, Solid Wood Frame, Oil Paint
- Wipe Clean with a Damp Cloth
- Returnable within 45 days by mail or to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or U.S. Nordstrom store.
- Due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19, your order will be ready to ship within 3 - 5 days. May be eligible to upgrade to next business day or two-business day shipping at checkout.
- Store Pickup available at checkout for select items. Pickup your order at a store of your choice.
- This item qualifies for free shipping when you spend over $89.