How We're Thinking About Reopening
May 4, 2020
On behalf of the entire team at Nordstrom, we'd like to take a moment to say thank you again for your loyalty and support. The past several months have been unlike anything we've ever experienced, and we're working hard to evolve so we can continue to show up in a meaningful way for you, our employees and communities. Part of that has meant serving you in new ways, whether that's online or through some of our contactless curbside services like order pickup and returns. We want to continue to bring you the service and convenience you need, even if that may look a little different than it has in the past. As cities and states begin to share plans to reopen, we'd like to share an update on how we're thinking about our stores.
It really can't be said enough—your health, and the health of our employees, is our priority. And every decision we make is through that lens. We want to be sure the approach we're taking to reopen our stores is thoughtful, and that we're creating a store environment that's safe for everyone. Our stores won't open all at once. We're going to take a phased approach, only reopening stores when:
- it's allowed by state and local governments;
- we're prepared with the right safety measures and protocols; and
- we have confidence we can ensure the safety and well-being of our employees and customers.
When we do reopen, more than anything we want you to feel safe and comfortable when you're shopping with us. We're making updates to our stores and the way we serve you to help keep everyone healthy. Some of those updates include:
- Conducting health screenings for our employees
- Providing face coverings for employees and customers
- Taking steps to allow for social distancing of six feet or more, including limiting the number of employees and customers in the store
- Increasing cleaning and sanitization
- Modifying the fitting-room experience
- Continuing to offer contactless curbside services at our full-line stores
- Pausing or adapting high-touch services and customer events
- Keeping tried-on or returned merchandise off the sales floor for a period of time
- Altering hours of operation
You can learn more about our approach to opening, details on how we're making our stores safe, and ways we're supporting our employees and communities through this crisis here on our website. We'll also post details about each store reopening on our store details page.
Again, thank you for your continued loyalty. We hope to see you again soon, however you choose to shop with us.
Pete and Erik Nordstrom