The Aesthetica Cosmetics Double Ended Contour Brush is a multifunctional brush used to create a seamless and sculpted appearance, every time! Perfect for contour mapping, the synthetic fibers allow you to apply your contour along the areas of your face that you with to contour and highlight while also giving you maximum control. Perfect for blending, buffing and applying contour and highlight shades perfectly and evenly, every time!
- Size: 2 oz.
- 6" L x 2" W x 1" D
- Vegan and cruelty free
- For directions, see "Additional Info"
Directions: At a Glance...A Step-by-Step Guide to Contouring
1. Prep - Begin with your regular routine and use primer, foundation, concealer and powder before you begin to contour.
2. Cheeks - (Use Large Domed Contour Brush) Begin by applying a line of contour that is 2 or 3 shades darker than your regular skin tone, from the top of your ear to the corners of your mouth. Angle the line and allow the contour to lighten as you bring it towards your laugh line. This step defines the hollows of your cheeks.
3. Forehead - (Use Angled Contour Brush) To make a larger forehead appear smaller, use the contour from the temples to the forehead along the hairline. This gives your forehead a three dimensional effect.
4. Jawline step one - (Use Angled Contour Brush) To define the jawbone; use the contour powder by applying a line from the area under the ear down to the chin.
5. Jawline step two - (Use Large Domed Contour Brush) To make the jawline contour line less noticeable, blend the contour powder down the neck.
6. Nose step one - (Use Small Domed Contour Brush) begin at the inside corner of the eyebrow and create a line of contour powder down the bridge of your nose. Do this on both sides, so that you have two lines running down your nose that are parallel.
7. Nose step two - (Use Small Domed Contour Brush) Connect the two parallel lines on your nose by applying contour in the area below your nose. This is effective for people who want their nose to look shorter.
8. Cupids bow and chin - (Use Angled Contour Brush) To balance out the look, use highlight on the center of your chin and on the cupid's bow above the middle of the lip. This will create a pouty look.
9. Eyes and cheekbones - (Use Flat Highlighting Brush) To make the eyes appear brighter, use highlight beneath the eyes and the top of the cheekbones. Brush the highlight in a circular motion from beneath the eyes to the apple area of the cheeks. This method brightens the eyes and brings out the natural curve of the cheekbones.
10. Laugh line - (Use Small Domed Contour Brush) The laugh line area is on the side of the lower nose to the corner of the mouth. Use the highlight in this area to make laugh lines look less dark and pronounced.
11. Cheeks - (Use Flat Highlighting Brush) With the rest of the highlight powder that is on the brush, clean up the cheek contour area and make lines more defined.
Shipping & Returns
Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
Ready to Ship Within 2 - 3 weeks. After the event ends, this item ships from the brand to HauteLook, and then to you.