Despair, 1894 - Framed Oil reproduction of an original painting by Edvard Munch
- Style #
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 1 - 3 days.
- This item qualifies for when you spend over $100.
- Munch had been exploring the theme of despair for several years by the time he made this image. The landscape and composition is much the same of his other famous works, "The Scream" and "Anxiety". Having experienced the work of French Impressionists during his travels, he applied some of their techniques though to a somewhat different end. Instead of using his brush to capture that which he saw, he sought to convey his actual subjective experience. It is a painting of one of his memories, rather than of a specific concrete subject matter. The composition leads the eye away from the man in the foreground, leaving him isolated and desolate amidst a barren and hellish landscape. The power of this image is remarkable when viewed in person and through a process of precise reproduction, our artist has made it manifest once more in a mighty reproduction.
- Color: multi
- Frame Description: Gold Luminoso Frame - Gold Finished Wood
- 23" x 2" x 27"
- Assembled in USA
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist Grade Canvas/Solid Wood Frame/Oil Paint
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth