The Dispatch Bearer, 1879 Framed Oil Reproduction of an Original Painting by Giovanni Boldini
- Style #
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 1 - 3 days.
- This item qualifies for when you spend over $100.
- This image, more than many of his others, really shows the influences that impacted the artwork of Italian painter Giovanni Boldini. In reaction to the majestic, mysterious, and emotional longing for the Medieval which characterized the Romantic style, movements like the French Barbizon school and the Italian Macchiaioli were early Realists. They viewed everyday people, events, and settings as being worthy of a place in the fine arts. In wide strokes and with a muted, almost dirty color palette, Boldini chose to transform a relatively mundane contemporary event into a slick composition worthy of exhibition in the Paris Salon. Made in 1879, Boldini found enormous success in Paris after brief training in Italy and a period in London. This handmade reproduction in oil on canvas brings the work of the renowned painter into your home.
- Frame Description: Black Spanish Walnut Frame
- Ready to hang
- 30" x 2" x 34"
- Assembled in USA from Imported materials
Orders cannot be shipped to Canada, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist Grade Canvas, Solid Wood Frame, Oil Paint
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth