A Breton Landscape. David's Mill., 1894 - Framed Oil reproduction of an original painting by Paul Gauguin
- Style #
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 2 - 4 weeks. Estimated to arrive after 12/24.
- This item qualifies for
free shipping when you spend over $100.
- Here one can see the influence of Paul Gauguin's trip to Tahiti on his later work. Even after returning to France, he seems to have made up his mind to completely drop the Impressionist style of his youth in favor of his own methods of cloisonnism and synthetism. The brush strokes in this 1894 work are much less visible, giving the painting a flat look, made up of less blended fields of color. The colors are similar to his work in the tropics, yet repurposed for the rural foliage of Britanny near France's west coast. The image feels static, fixed, and defined, as opposed to the ephemeral quality of his earlier works. Grace your walls with this vivid reproduction of Gauguin's simplified yet interestingly complex composition.
- Frame Description: Victorian Gold Frame
- Ready to hang
- 32" x 28" x 2"
- Imported painting
- Framed in USA
Please note your order will be shipped directly from the brand. Orders cannot be shipped to Australia, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist grade canvas, solid wood frame, oil paint
- Wipe Clean with a Damp Cloth