After the Bath - Framed Oil reproduction of an original painting by Edgar Degas
- Style #
- Returnable within 45 days to a U.S. Nordstrom Rack store or by mail.
- Ready to Ship Within 2 - 4 weeks. Estimated to arrive after 12/24.
- This item qualifies for
free shipping when you spend over $100.
- Over the course of his career, Degas executed many paintings of women, including those emerging from baths or in scenes just after they had bathed themselves. These images are often crudely intimate and he said he wanted to give the viewer the sense that they were watching the subject as if through a keyhole. Much likes his paintings of dancers, these women do not look at the viewer. The woman featured in After the Bath protectively leans over herself as she dries her feet. Her tightly coiled body is the focal point of the entire composition with the elements of the room blurred behind her. The original was completed in the 1890s and hangs in the Philadelphia Museum of Art today. Our flawless reproduction of this painting measures 20" x 24".
- Frame Description: Renaissance Bronze Frame
- Ready to hang
- 30" x 34" x 2"
- Imported painting
- Framed in USA
Please note your order will be shipped directly from the brand. Orders cannot be shipped to Australia, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or P.O. Boxes.
- Artist grade canvas, solid wood frame, oil paint
- Wipe Clean with a Damp Cloth